Anger is a universal experience but managing but managing it isn’t – at least not yet. This training will help participants to understand anger thus managing anger and know how to listen, empathize, be assertive with others, and learn to relax, as well as laugh.
Course Duration: 1 day / 07 hours
Anyone who feels the need for managing their anger whether in work, family and everyday life
By the end this course participants will be able to:
- Recognize how anger affects the body, mind, and behavior
- Use a five-step method to break old patterns and replace them with a model for assertive anger
- Identify their hot buttons or triggers, and how to manage them
- Control their emotions when faced with other peoples’ anger
- Identify ways to help other people safely manage some of their repressed or expressed anger
- Communicate with others in a constructive, assertive manner
What is Anger?
- About Anger
- Pre-Assignment Review
Cost and Pay-Offs
- The Costs of Anger
- What Are Your Anger Pay-Offs?
The Anger Process
- What is the Process?
- Understanding Trigger Thoughts
- Using an Anger Log
- Considering Our Anger
How Does Anger Affect Our Thinking?
- Is Anger the Best Response?
- Distorted Thinking
Understanding Behavior Types
- Coping Strategies
- Relaxation Techniques
Communication Tips and Tricks
- Asking Good Questions
- Active Listening Skills
- The Assertive Formula