By the end of this course, learners should be able to:
- Understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment)
- Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
Course Duration: 30 hours
Skills (listening, speaking, reading, writing and interaction)
- Meeting people (negatives and short answers, possessive……)
- The world of work (present simple, he/she/it…..)
- Where do you live (There is/are, prepositions of place, this/that/these/those, things in the house…..)
- On the phone Directory Enquiries…
- Then and now (past simple, regular verbs, irregular verbs, time expressions, words that go together……)
- What’s your favorite season? (leisure activities…)
- Describing a holiday ( the year I was born, when did it happen….)
- Food you like (food & drink………)
- Bigger and Better ( comparative & superlative…..)
- Looking good (clothes, what colour are you looking for?…….)
- The weather (what’s the weather like?…..)
- At the chemist’s (looking for a medicine, shampoo, etc…..)
- At the Airport (check in your luggage, departure lounge……)
- Work on fluency in writing, reading, and pronunciation.