Have you ever wondered why it seems so difficult to talk with some people and so easy to talk with others? Can you recall an occasion where you met someone for the first time and immediately liked that person? Something about the individual made you feel comfortable.
A major goal of this workshop is to help you understand the impact your communication skills have on other people. You will also explore how improving these skills can make it easier for you to get along in the workplace, and in life.
Course Duration: 2 days / 14 hours
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify common communication problems that may be holding you back
- Develop skills to ask questions that give you information you need
- Learn what your non-verbal messages are telling others
- Develop skills in listening actively and empathetically to others
- Enhance your ability to handle difficult situations
- Deal with situations assertively
Creating Positive Relationships
Growing Our Self-Awareness
- Do You Question Your Competence?
- Developing Confidence
- Case Study: New Neighbors
- Common Barriers
- Applying the Answers
- Being Mindful
- Asking Good Questions
- Pushing My Buttons
- Can You Hear Me?
- How Do You Rate Your Listening Ability?
- Active Listening Skills
- What is Said and What is Heard
- Communication Situations
- What Do Our Bodies Say?
- Dichotomies in Theory
- Dichotomies in Action
Creating a Positive Self-Image
- Seven Things People Determine from Your Appearance
- Pre-Assignment Review
Frame of Reference
Techniques for the Workplace
- Prepare, Prepare, Prepare
- Testing Our Theories
- Delivering Your Message
- Case Study: A Negative Image
- The Assertive Formula
- Expressing Your No